Greek Salad Sandwich with Kalamata Olive Paste is the perfect sandwich for a picnic. Greek salad is fresh, healthy, and becomes tastier when combined with Kalamata Olive Paste. It’s so easy-to-make and portable that you can’t miss it anytime you need picnic food.
Here is how you can turn the ordinary Greek Salad into a surprisingly sating sandwich!
- 1-1/2 cups seeded and finely diced cucumber
- 1-1/4 cups seeded and finely diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 4 radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 – 8 peperoncini seeded and chopped or sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hanoli extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Hanoli Greek oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 medium 6- to 7-inch whole-wheat or regular pitas, warmed, or 4 large bread rolls or other sandwich breads
- 4 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves or arugula
- 8 tablespoons Kalamata olive paste
How to make it:
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and radishes, and pepperoncini.
Step 2: Add the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and a few grinds of pepper and toss to combine.
Step 3: Slice the pitas in half and open the pockets. If using bread rolls, slice open.
Step 4: Divide the Kalamata olive paste among the pitas, spreading it evenly inside each.
Step 5: Stuff each pita half with about 1/2 cup of the spinach or arugula and 1/2 cup of the salad mixture and serve.
Source: Diane Kochilas