Green olives can be used to make an easy, flavorful pasta dish. This recipe doesn’t take you so much effort but the results are magical. It not only looks fresh but also tastes fresh and provides health benefits from green olives.
In this recipe, Hanoli uses Olympias pitted green olives. They are high-quality Greek olives that bring great flavor and are wholly imported from Greece, ensuring that the result will be awsome!
Are you ready to make it? Hanoli can’t wait to share with you this amazing recipe. Shall we start right now?
- 1 pound dried bucatini or other long pasta (such as spaghetti or linguine)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Hanoli extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Hanoli pitted Kalamon green olives
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Shaved Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute less than al dente according to package instructions.
While cooking the pasta, heat the butter and extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green olives and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta. Return the skillet to medium heat and add the pasta and the reserved pasta water. Simmer, tossing and stirring the pasta, until the pasta is al dente and the sauce thickens and coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the parsley and a few generous grinds of black pepper and toss to combine. Taste and season with more pepper and salt as needed (since the olives are already salty, you might not need to add any salt). Divide among shallow bowls, top with shaved Parmesan or Pecorino cheese if desired, and serve.
About Olympias Greek green olives
Olympias Greek green olives are planted mostly in Peloponnese – Greece with a distinct flavor and oval shape. They are yellowish-green and 0.5 – 1.5 inches in size. According to size, they are categorized into 4 types: Normal (1cm – 1.5cm), Premium (2cm), Jumbo (2.5cm) and the largest Mamoth (3cm).
Olympias pitted green olives are selected, freshly picked and soaked in water to remove astringent flavor, then pickled in closed jars until they absorb flavor. After that, the fruit goes through a self-contained production line and packed meeting European food safety standards.
- Pitted green olives (46%), water, salt, food acid additive (INS270), antioxidant (INS 300)
- Salty, sour flavor
- Crunchy olives
- Rich in fiber – suitable for vegetarian
- Rich in vitamin A, E, D, Omega 3-9, good for heart, blood pressure and diabetic patients
- Prevent the growth of cancer cells
How to use:
- Eat directly
- Eat as appetizer with champagne
- Use to make pizza
- Use to make salad
- Eat with bread, rice
- Poached with fish
- Baked with chicken, salmon,…
Buy Hanoli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and our other products at: