Charred Vegetable Panzanella with Olive Oil Bread is suitable for summer. Turn multigrain bread into the star of this summer vegetable panzanella, an Italian-style bread salad featuring juicy tomatoes, grilled zucchini, eggplant, and arugula.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 slices Nature’s Own Perfectly Crafted Multigrain Bread
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 pound assorted color tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
Brush bread, zucchini, squash, eggplant, and red onion with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Step 2
Grill zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, and red onion, covered, on grill rack, directly over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove vegetables and set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3
Grill bread on grill rack directly over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove bread and set aside.
- Step 4
Cut grilled, cooled vegetables into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a very large bowl. Toss with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add arugula, tomatoes, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and basil and toss gently to combine.
- Step 5
Cut grilled bread into 1-inch pieces and add to vegetable mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Step 6
Serve immediately or let stand at room temperature for up to 30 minutes. To serve, garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Charred Vegetable Panzanella with Olive Oil Bread is an extremely easy dish to make. You can use it as an appetizer for weekend parties or simply swap out a new dish for the family. The wonderful combination featuring juicy tomatoes, grilled zucchini, eggplant, and arugula won’t disappoint.