Craving for cakes but have to eat clean? Bake with olive oil and you’ll be happy with the result!
Cakes are on top of many people’s favorite food. However, they are the culprits that cause serious consequences for our bodies such as overweight, diabetes, blood fat, etc. So, is there any way to have a healthy body while still satisfying your passion for eating?
Absolutely possible! The most simple solution is replacing ingredients in your cake with healthy ones. Firstly, let’s bake with olive oil instead of butter. Thus, not only can your cake retain its delicious taste, but also our body will be healthy.
Let Hanoli show you some ways to use olive oil in baking!
1. Bake almond cake with olive oil
- 70g whole almonds
- 1 medium orange
- 1 lemon
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 300g diet sugar
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 8g baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 240ml of Hanoli Extra virgin olive oil
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on the cake
– Step 1: Turn on the oven at 180 Celsius degrees
– Step 2: Put oranges, lemons in a pot and fill it with water. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat and when the water starts boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain the water from the pot, place the oranges and lemons in a bowl of ice water.
– Step 3: Spread the almonds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spread a thin layer of olive oil on top and bake until the seeds turn dark brown (about 20 minutes).
– Step 4: When the almonds are browned evenly, take them out of the oven and let them cool completely
– Step 5: Put the roasted almonds in the blender and grind them into small pieces.
– Step 6: Cut oranges in half. Cut the lemon in half and use a spoon to remove the intestines, leaving the peel behind. Place 2 halves of the orange and lemon peel in the blender until it is almost pure.
– Step 7: In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar and beat quickly to thicken the mixture, add flour, baking soda, salt, and beaten egg mixture until blended.
– Step 8: Add crushed almonds, crushed citrus and olive oil, mix well with a spatula.
– Step 9: Spread olive oil around the cake mold. Pour the dough into the mold and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake thickens in the middle
– Step 10: Check that the cake is cooked by sticking a toothpick in the middle of the cake. Let the cake cool completely in the mold, then use a small knife to gently run around the edges to separate the cake from the mold.
– Step 11: Sprinkle powdered sugar and decorate the cake before enjoying
2. Butter and olive oil toast
- Hanoli Extra virgin olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Diet sugar
– Step 1: Cut the bread into slices about 1cm thick
– Step 2: Spread olive oil on both sides of the slice of cake.
– Step 3: Spread the butter on top of the olive oil layer, sprinkle with sugar to cover both sides of the cake.
– Step 4: Preheat the oven for about 5 minutes at 175 degrees C
– Step 5: Put the cake in the oven, bake at 175 degrees C for about 15 minutes, the cake is crispy.
– Step 6: After the cake is cooked, let it cool, sprinkle a few drops of olive oil on the cake to make it more rounded.