This pasta is as tasty and simple as those in Italy instead of heavily sauced pasta with a long list of ingredients. The light sauce with Kalamata Olive Paste is perfect to let the flavor and texture of noodles shine. And the best part is that it just takes 20 minutes and needs a few ingredients!
Here is how we can make this flavorful olive pasta:
- 450g linguini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 150g sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Kalamata olive paste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving some of the pasta water; set aside.
- Toss pasta with Kalamata olive paste and a bit of olive oil and reserved pasta water, breaking up the noodles and creating a thin, light sauce.
- Serve topped with prosciutto, Parmesan, and fresh parsley.
Some pasta tips that you might need:
- Don’t overcook your noodles! Al dente noodles are slightly chewy, not soft and mushy.
- Salt your water! It may seem like overkill to add a full teaspoon of salt to your pot of water (it does seem like a lot!) but the noodles don’t absorb all of that salt when cooking. It amps up the flavour and actually “roughens” the texture of the noodles, which will help prevent the noodles from becoming too slimy.
- Don’t add olive oil to your boiling water. It might seem like a bit of oil will help keep the noodles from clumping, but oil and water don’t mix. The oil will simply float on top of the water, so all you end up doing is wasting the oil. To really prevent the noodles from clumping, stir the noodles often during the first minute or two of cooking, and toss with olive oil and/or pasta water once drained.
- Place a wooden spoon over the top of the pot to prevent the water from boiling over. This seems weird, but it works!
- Reserve some of the pasta water! Once al dente, drain the noodles but keep some of the water aside. When you add Kalamata olive paste, pour in some of the water to help loosen the noodles and create a silky sauce.
- Do NOT rinse your pasta. Please, don’t do this. Rinsing the noodles once cooked washes away all that starchy flavour! If the noodles clump together, just stir in a bit of olive oil or reserved pasta water.
Last but not least
- Use good quality, extra virgin olive oil! A good, extra virgin olive oil is your secret weapon. Real extra virgin olive oil is actually healthy and 100% natural. A lot of lower quality olive oils have been processed and/or diluted.
– Add 1: No. 5, Alley 24, Lane 173, Hoàng Hoa Thám Street, Ba Đình District, Hà Nội
– Add 2: No. 2 Xuân Diệu Street, Quảng An Ward, Tây Hồ District, Hà Nội
– Add 3: No. 42 Giang Văn Minh Street, Ba Đình District, Hà Nội
– HCM city: No. 165 Nguyễn Công Trứ Street, Nguyễn Thái Bình Ward, Quận 1 District, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline: 0936151116 – 0936487828