If you want to try a new way to cook chicken, this Spanish olive oil confit chicken recipe is the one for you! When you cook meat in a lot of oil, the result is a more tender, moist meat and with an incredible taste from the oil.
This technique makes the chicken fat to melt inside the meat and all the juices remain in it. Confit is mostly done with duck meat, but with chicken the results are equally amazing.
Good quality ingredients are key for this dish to come out great. And since Spanish olive oil is the best –because it comes from the leading producer- and it has a delicious taste, using it in this olive oil confit chicken recipe will up your results. Guaranteed!
Usually, the chicken legs are the most used part for making confit. So you can buy chicken legs, but it is also fine if you use a whole chicken and cut it in different pieces. The result will be just as tasty.
- 8 chicken legs (or 1 whole chicken cut in pieces)
- 2 bay leaf leaves
- 1 rosemary twig
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- ½ orange peel
- 4 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Black peppercorns
How to make Spanish olive oil confit chicken:
- Cut the chicken into legs, breast, wings, leaving bones in all pieces. Trim any excess of fat. If you choose to buy just chicken legs, skip this step.
- Start the oven at 275º F and prepare a large baking dish.
- While the oven is heating, add salt and pepper to the chicken. Then, cook it for a few minutes in a pan with some olive oil from Spain until the meat looks golden brown.
- Put the chicken in the baking dish and add the Spanish EVOO until the chicken is completely submerged in it. You may need the full 4 cups, maybe a little more or maybe a little less.
- Add the bay leaf, the rosemary, the peeled garlic cloves –whole-, the carrots, the orange peel and some black peppercorns. Mix everything in the baking dish.
- Cook in the oven for about 3 hours.
- Let it cool down for a bit, take the chicken out of the oil and serve.
– Add 1: No. 5, Alley 24, Lane 173, Hoàng Hoa Thám Street, Ba Đình District, Hà Nội
– Add 2: No. 2 Xuân Diệu Street, Quảng An Ward, Tây Hồ District, Hà Nội
– Add 3: No. 42 Giang Văn Minh Street, Ba Đình District, Hà Nội
– HCM city: No. 165 Nguyễn Công Trứ Street, Nguyễn Thái Bình Ward, Quận 1 District, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline: 0936151116 – 0936487828