This spaghetti dish is easy to cook with olive oil. It’s a simple dinner in a bowl. It takes 25 minutes to bring all ingredients, olive oil, garlic. Then let all chili together.
Ingredients to cook spaghetti with olive oil:
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti or spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic (from 4 cloves)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 Fresno or long finger chile, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (1 cup), plus more for serving (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with salt. Stir in spaghetti and cook until slightly less than al dente, about 2 minutes less than package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain.
Step 2: Meanwhile, add garlic and oil to a cold large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is just golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sage and chile; cook 1 minute more. Stir in 1/2 cup pasta water and a few grinds of pepper. Increase heat to high and cook, swirling skillet occasionally, until reduced by about half, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pasta; toss to coat.
Step 3: Remove skillet from heat, add cheese, and toss vigorously, adding more pasta water as needed to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and serve, with basil leaves and more cheese scattered over top.
Note: Fresh chile adds heat and delicate flavor, but you can remove the seeds if you prefer less spice.
If you’re in the need of olive oil, check out Hanoli and you’ll find every high-quality olive-related product! With 11 years of business, we are proud to be the choice of many Vietnamese families loving olive oil!